Have to find a new Pho place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to take the family out for a bowl of Pho last Thursday, only to discover my favorite Vietnamese food place was no longer in business. Saigon palace is now closed.

We tried Binh Le that night the portion was small for the price, he only had 2 choices chicken or beef, no pork, seafood, duck, or Bun Bo Hue and I was a little put off by a statement he made about the owners of Saigon Palace being Hmong.

I heard that the original owners of Saigon Palace now own Pho Da Cao on 31st street. I tried them when they first opened and their broth was a bit weak, has anyone been there recently?

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only vietnamese place I've eaten is Ri Le at 91st and Yale. I like it. The owner is the real deal. He served as a helicopter pilot for the South Vietnamese army.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been going to Pho da Cao. It's perhaps a bit weaker than I remember comparing to Pho Hoa in OKC, but vastly better than Viet Huong (the first place I tried when I moved back to Tulsa). I'd rate it the most solid in Tulsa at the moment - I have been as recently as January. Honestly, I liked it as well as Saigon Palace the times I had eaten there.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only vietnamese place I've eaten is Ri Le at 91st and Yale. I like it. The owner is the real deal. He served as a helicopter pilot for the South Vietnamese army.

I've never eaten there, but he doesn't serve Pho, correct? Not criticizing, as technically Pho is a Vietnamese American dish more than authentic Vietnamese, so his menu is perhaps more legit. But I'm a fan of Pho, which is why I haven't visited... yet. Does he have any specialties or anything you particularly like?

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never eaten there, but he doesn't serve Pho, correct? Not criticizing, as technically Pho is a Vietnamese American dish more than authentic Vietnamese, so his menu is perhaps more legit. But I'm a fan of Pho, which is why I haven't visited... yet. Does he have any specialties or anything you particularly like?

I don't know. I'll show my ignorance. What's Pho?

SoonerBolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually just go to Mekong River behind Toy-R-Us at 71st and Memorial.
The Pho and Spring rolls there are good to me. I was dating a half Vietnamese girl and her family all loved it.
One thing is for sure, I've never seen the place busy but the service is generally super slow anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom