Have to find a new Pho place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pho Hoa isnt that great anymore. They changed their broth and the way they do soup in general to appease the white hipsters. I was seriously disappointed the last time I went there.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're so hip, you're some form of white uber-hipster??? I like it.

Dont know what you are trying to say, but I started eating pho cause my parents' best friends when I was growing up were vietnamese and most of my jobs has been 90% vietnamese. They say the same thing.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings... but it isnt what it use to be and the reason is the driving force in sales.

When they start leaving out things like blood cake in Bun Bo Hue... you know there is some hipster influence there.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know what you are trying to say, but I started eating pho cause my parents' best friends when I was growing up were vietnamese and most of my jobs has been 90% vietnamese. They say the same thing.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings... but it isnt what it use to be and the reason is the driving force in sales.

My feelings aint hurt. Just living my life.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually just go to Mekong River behind Toy-R-Us at 71st and Memorial.
The Pho and Spring rolls there are good to me. I was dating a half Vietnamese girl and her family all loved it.
One thing is for sure, I've never seen the place busy but the service is generally super slow anyway.

They suffer from a lack of variety, the wife does like the clear noodle soup but last time we ate there the broth was overpowered by too much 5 spice in it.

WWB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eat at Pho Da Cao at least once a week. Always get P1 or beef pho. Their pork dumplings (fried) are also great. Could be my imagination but it seems that when you are a regular you get more in the bowl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom