"Healthy Food" questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need your advice, everyone, on the issue of "healthy vs unhealthy" foods.

Someone told me there are no healthy or unhealthy foods, it is all in the individual's diet and metabolism and other factors.

1 Is there a real difference between organic and non organic food or is this more of a marketing scam?
2 If a person loves pasta and foods with alot of carbohydrates but cannot eat them because of health dangers, what are some good alternatives?
3 Some people claim the nitrites and nitrates in processed meats like hotdogs, sausages, bacon, and other meats are very bad for human health and can even
cause cancer and other diseases. Is that true or false?

1. Marketing!
2. Wif loves lasagna. Makes it with 1 layer of pasta, then subs in eggplant and spinach. OUTSTANDING! Use spaghetti squash for spaghetti, add chopped zucchini to sauce.
3. I raise my own beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, goat, lamb. Make my own sausage. Plus, wild game.

Store bought, PROCESSED FOODS are laden with unpronounceable chemicals. If you must eat them, moderation is key.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Organic and non organic that's the question . all plants need certain things to grow, without question. Organic and non organic farmers add this . if they don't they don't have a crop. Question is do you want the nitrogen in your food to come from a ton of cow sh.. Or a barrel of oil. No difference in how much nitrogen that plant needs to grow or thrive, only difference is in the convenience of the application. It's much easier to spread some chemical fertilizer than it is to spread tons of manure. Same way with bug killers. Fact is without chemical fertilizers a lot of the world would starve. And it does in fact. Think about this, a person dies in this world every 30 seconds as a direct result of starvation. Not the multitude of ailments associated with poor diet but directly from lack of food. The problem we have here. Is not the lack of it but the overconsumption of it and I must confess I'm very guilty.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need your advice, everyone, on the issue of "healthy vs unhealthy" foods.

Someone told me there are no healthy or unhealthy foods, it is all in the individual's diet and metabolism and other factors.

1 Is there a real difference between organic and non organic food or is this more of a marketing scam?
2 If a person loves pasta and foods with alot of carbohydrates but cannot eat them because of health dangers, what are some good alternatives?
3 Some people claim the nitrites and nitrates in processed meats like hotdogs, sausages, bacon, and other meats are very bad for human health and can even
cause cancer and other diseases. Is that true or false?
!. The difference is organic is uglier, tastes worse and costs double. Pesticides taste great and make things look nice too!

2. I'm not supposed to eat carbs, no bread, pasta, potatoes, beer. There is a great alternative to this Ive found though, its called "suicide"!

3. Nitrites, and nitrates, and processed foods are TERRIBLE for you and can cause many health problems. The solution here is to decide whether you want to enjoy your life or outlive all your friends and relatives and die alone with a bowl of tofu and bean sprouts while watching Matlock. If you wanna eat hotdogs, bacon and sausage just turn off the light and eat them in the dark. It feels healthier that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom