Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came here to post about Heartland closing it's doors unexpectedly and that if that affected you, to contact Barry. Time could well be of the essence, so I posted about it as soon as I had two reliable sources.

You know nothing about my three years of running the matches there, or anything else about it. I personally brought $50,000 to HO, so I really "took advantage," didn't I....

I didn't come here to promote me or my holsters, much less dredge up something from 2-5 yrs ago. I have been polite and civil, asking for an email if a problem still exists. So far, no emails and obviously no reciprocity of civility.

"Make the holsters!"

Ok.....for whom? I don't know who belongs to what screen name. Is it the guy who had his check bounce? Is it the guy that gave me a bad address and phone number? Is it the guy that never paid for it, but expects it anyway? Is it the guy I gave $150 worth of gear to only to have him say he doesn't have the money right now, but he will next Friday....but never paid for any of it but is still wondering when I'll make his 5th mag pouch? Is it the guy that wanted (and received$ a $200 custom baby-blue rig for his wife, but only paid for his? (All have happened)

Or did I just plain **** up? (Yeah, that's happened, too)

Presuming it's the latter, I can't fix it if I don't know who you are or what you ordered.

So either email me about your specific problem at [email protected] so I can remedy the situation......or shut up.

I'm done here.
just read my feed back thread and you'll see what kind of person i am to deal with, google kytac and you'll see what kind david is.i don't believe your $50,000 story and if you did it was money you collected from people and never delivered thier products. you always had time to stand around heartland pretending you owned it and talking about how cool you are to anyone that would listen,but no time to build holsters people paid for except your buddies or high profile competitors that would talk up your products.

i hope you are done here ,we don't need people like you here

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came here to post about Heartland closing it's doors unexpectedly and that if that affected you, to contact Barry. Time could well be of the essence, so I posted about it as soon as I had two reliable sources.

I'm done here.

If you are "done here", then maybe just be done here. You haven't posted anything of relevance for nearly 2 years, according to your profile, and the first thing you thought when you heard HO was shutting down was "Oh, I need to go warn the folks at OSA"? Sounds like you just came to gloat.

Sucks for the folks who might be out of work and might have money tied up with a failed business. Good luck to 'em.

Last edited:

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be great if some company can take over the range so, for those who like to shoot close home here can continue to do it here without having to drive far away. Anyone know how much is their operating cost? Cost of everything beside employee's pay. Cost of rent, utility and insurance.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you are "done here", then maybe just be done here. You haven't posted anything of relevance for nearly 2 years, according to your profile, and the first thing you thought when you heard HO was shutting down was "Oh, I need to go warn the folks at OSA"? Sounds like you just came to gloat.

Sucks for the folks who might be out of work and might have money tied up with a failed business. Good luck to 'em.

Let us hope so for the good of this site.....

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good business. Their prices weren't the worst, and they were pretty good on a lot of items. Only problem I had, and I did have it many times, was the lack of a price tag relevant to the items on the shelves. I walked out due to that three times in the last year, because I didn't want to wait for an associate to become available to look up cost. Their selection was good, and for some things far superior to H&H. The matches were fun, the range was really nice, being fully climate controlled. The staff were always great to deal with. I had high hopes that it would offer fierce competition to H&H, which is managed by a troop of baboons.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You know nothing about my three years of running the matches there, or anything else about it. I personally brought $50,000 to HO, so I really "took advantage," didn't I....

I didn't come here to promote me or my holsters, much less dredge up something from 2-5 yrs ago. I have been polite and civil, asking for an email if a problem still exists. So far, no emails and obviously no reciprocity of civility.

"Make the holsters!"

Ok.....for whom? I don't know who belongs to what screen name. Is it the guy who had his check bounce? Is it the guy that gave me a bad address and phone number? Is it the guy that never paid for it, but expects it anyway? Is it the guy I gave $150 worth of gear to only to have him say he doesn't have the money right now, but he will next Friday....but never paid for any of it but is still wondering when I'll make his 5th mag pouch? Is it the guy that wanted (and received$ a $200 custom baby-blue rig for his wife, but only paid for his? (All have happened)

Or did I just plain **** up? (Yeah, that's happened, too)

Presuming it's the latter, I can't fix it if I don't know who you are or what you ordered.

So either email me about your specific problem at [email protected] so I can remedy the situation......or shut up.

I'm done here.

I don't think he has to shut up.

If I was in saddlebums position, I wouldn't shut up, and I would not give you the chance to remedy the situation.

Sounds like you've had PLENTY of chances already.

I would just bash the s**t out of you here, until you banished yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom