Help...AR barrel specs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Bushmaster M4A2 upper that has an unmarked barrel and a permanantly attached flash hider..an ugly one in my opinion. I would like to know wheather it is chrome lined and if its a 1/7 or 1/9 twist. Is there a way to get this info? Visually or by other means? I am wanting to sell it and would like to know this before posting it and setting an asking price.

Fister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All bushmaster barrels will be marked as such. Also all bushmaster barrels will be chrome lined unless they are stainless. * Only exception will be the Varmiter or Preadator barrels as they are built to be match gun foundations. (as per Bushmaster)

To test for chrome lined barrel simply dab a q tip in some gun blue and rub it on the shinny chrome looking part of the chamber. If it blues it its not chrome lined as chrome will not blue. Honestly thats the easiest way.

Twist will have to be measure and counted using a cleaning rod and counting the rotations it makes for a given distance.

1-7 = 1 full twist for every 7 inches
1-9 = 1 full twist for every 9 inches

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to check when I get home...now remember, your talkin to a total AR Newb...what is FH stand for?...i see lots of abbrevations and figured out some of them, but not all...lol

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IT should have a BMP stamp 5.56 1/9 ect. if it were bushmaster the uppers have no marks that I am aware of.Some DCM and varmiters are not chrome . I dont think its a bushy if it has no barrel stamps FH = flash hider

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh ok...i know there are no markings on the reciever, and I'm fairly certain there aren't any on the barrel as well, but will double check again when I get home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom