Help from ar experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something’s I have lots of experience with, but not this but here ya go. Ar pistol 11.5 inch barrel, new upper to 14.5 inch with welded 1.5 inch flash suppressor. Is there anything else I need to change, springs tube anything? Or is the difference small enough not to matter?
Thanks in advance

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something’s I have lots of experience with, but not this but here ya go. Ar pistol 11.5 inch barrel, new upper to 14.5 inch with welded 1.5 inch flash suppressor. Is there anything else I need to change, springs tube anything? Or is the difference small enough not to matter?
Thanks in advance
It shouldn’t matter too much if the gas system is the same length. Even then you might get a bit more recoil depending on your buffer weight.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5B1201B6-82E6-458A-807F-5E233B7BBCAF.jpeg

If you are in the red add an H1,H2 or H3

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are too many variables to say for sure. Gas system length, gas port size, carrier, buffer and spring weights, ammo selection, etc. most manufacturers try to set up their uppers so they all operate within a window of reliability. You’ll probably be fine, but if you’re getting malfunctions or excessive recoil, you can always change out buffer weights and/or recoil springs.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are too many variables to say for sure. Gas system length, gas port size, carrier, buffer and spring weights, ammo selection, etc. most manufacturers try to set up their uppers so they all operate within a window of reliability. You’ll probably be fine, but if you’re getting malfunctions or excessive recoil, you can always change out buffer weights and/or recoil springs.
I have not shot it in this configuration yet. So I guess if it runs fine if not start changing things out.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s an sig switchblade, nice little gun but to make it a non issue now a psa upper. So there ya go. Not near the gun the lwrc is but much lighter.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks in advance
Are you just swapping URGs? Or barrel assemblies? Most 11.5" barrels run a carbine gas which is the same as what's on the 14.5 barrel. Sometimes, there's the weirdo company out there that will put a pistol gas on the 11.5". If that's the case, then you need a carbine gas tube if the 14.5" doesn't already have it.

If your 11.5" already shoots well, then the 14.5" will too...unless you start making things "better". You can get an H2 but if you don't have one now, you probably won't need it unless you're running an HB and/or shooting auto and suppressive fire. They're nice to have for the occasional range day.

If you're just swapping URGs, then just swap and shoot.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you just swapping URGs? Or barrel assemblies? Most 11.5" barrels run a carbine gas which is the same as what's on the 14.5 barrel. Sometimes, there's the weirdo company out there that will put a pistol gas on the 11.5". If that's the case, then you need a carbine gas tube if the 14.5" doesn't already have it.

If your 11.5" already shoots well, then the 14.5" will too...unless you start making things "better". You can get an H2 but if you don't have one now, you probably won't need it unless you're running an HB and/or shooting auto and suppressive fire. They're nice to have for the occasional range day.

If you're just swapping URGs, then just swap and shoot.
Just swapping the barrel assembly, hopefully sig made it easy, I’ll shoot it soon and see
Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom