HELP!!!!!!!! Got to make a decision tonight......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am frustrated trying to decide between a Kel-Tec Pf9 or a Taurus slim 709. I believe the Taurus is a little better overall but after reading some of the specs she is 19oz in weight and the Kel-Tec is just over 12oz, pretty big differnece in weight.

This is going to be a pocket pistol for when I just run to Wal-Mart to pick up something kind of gun so I want the lightest of the two and the slimmest I can find.

Does anybody have any insight? does anyone have experience with either or both? and also how do either of these guns ride in a large pocket for carry?

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I BOUGHT THE KELTEC, FOR THE MONEY I DONT THINK YOU CAN BET IT, I TALKED TO THESE GUYS AND THEY WERE ALOT OF HELP SO YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE,:bowdown:, IV BEEN TALKING TO THEM ABOUT THE TAURUS BUT MOST OF THEM HAVE STEERED ME TO THE ROCK ISLAND...

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I BOUGHT THE KELTEC, FOR THE MONEY I DONT THINK YOU CAN BET IT, I TALKED TO THESE GUYS AND THEY WERE ALOT OF HELP SO YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE,:bowdown:, IV BEEN TALKING TO THEM ABOUT THE TAURUS BUT MOST OF THEM HAVE STEERED ME TO THE ROCK ISLAND...

Sounds good, thanks.

Anyone else know about the pocket carry angle? or the diminsion differneces?

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ON THE KELTECH'S YOU CAN SEARCH "KELTEC" ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THEY HAVE A WEB SITE THAT GIVES YOU ALL THE DEMINSIONS, DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TAURUS???:gun2:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ktog.org is the osa of kel-tecs, lol. Not as active obviously.

the mfg website is http://kel-tec-cnc.com/

I don't know anything about either of these. But used to own a p11, it wasn't Any fun after a box or so of target ammo, let alone something a little stouter. I have heard the pf9 is as bad or worse. But I wouldn't mind find the KT just for fun. If they are reliable. You ought to know within a box or so, then they are what they are....a walmart or damn light 9, you can pocket carry pretty easy. If you go new, I would order from cdnn, with shipping and transfer, they are pretty cheap...$260 or so. from memory of the dealer catalog of late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom