HELP!!! I've messed up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was cleaning pistols today and screwed up and grabbed the glock 22 slide and put it on my glock 19 frame. Realized it as it locked up and didn't look right. Now I can't get it back off. It is hung on there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did something similar once with barrels. One barrel has a slight taper on the end of the chamber the other does not.

They felt stuck tight. I just had to force them. It all functioned fine afterwards, but id did have me worried. Hope there is a better answer for ya, just my experiences.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be able to go through the same disassembly procedure to get it off. you may have to wiggle it a bit. Make sure the trigger is to the rear when you try to push the slide off.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a gen 3 22 slide on a gen 2 19 frame. Locked up like it's hanging on something. Have pulled and wiggled and nothing so far. Almost ready to resort to the hammer for a little more oomph. Keep the ideas coming.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got it off. Was hanging on the trigger mechanism. Needed a third hand to pull the take down release, trigger, and slide all at the same time.

Lesson learned: Only have one firearm taken apart for cleaning on the bench at a time. No bulk cleanings

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got it off. Was hanging on the trigger mechanism. Needed a third hand to pull the take down release, trigger, and slide all at the same time.

Lesson learned: Only have one firearm taken apart for cleaning on the bench at a time. No bulk cleanings

:laughup::homer:

Don't worry though... I've had some pistols (old Mauser's for instance) that I thought I was never going to get back together. And most of them you cannot find ANY info for online... just gotta figure it out yourself.

I had one little Mauser to clean that truthfully took me hours to put back together.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a friend spend hours trying to install the trigger group in a Browning BPS once. It was funny until I couldn't figure it out either. Of course it turned out to be something simple. I think we've all been there once or twice. It's amazing how clean the shop floor is after a small spring or a pin has launched itself across the room.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:laughup::homer:

Don't worry though... I've had some pistols (old Mauser's for instance) that I thought I was never going to get back together. And most of them you cannot find ANY info for online... just gotta figure it out yourself.

I had one little Mauser to clean that truthfully took me hours to put back together.

Those are easy compared to a Luger!!!

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a G21 slide on my G30 once just messing around and it hung up for a minute. I had a mini panic attack while my buddies were giving me crap about it but a minute worth of messing with it and I was able to get it off. I won't make that mistake again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom