Help Me Decide on a Cerakote Color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another option ... the frame on my Colt Combat Commander was from Metaloy. The slide is the original Colt blue.

This is a gun that the late great Austin Behlert originally tuned. I later added Novak sights, Metaloy frame and had Dr. Greyson add a flat mainspring housing and then do his magic on the trigger and hammer.

Colt 1911 Combat Commander.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another option ... the frame on my Colt Combat Commander was from Metaloy. The slide is the original Colt blue.

This is a gun that the late great Austin Behlert originally tuned. I later added Novak sights, Metaloy frame and had Dr. Greyson add a flat mainspring housing and then do his magic on the trigger and hammer.

View attachment 96951

But does it shoot? Well, duh...I'm guessing it will do in a pinch. What did you have Behlert do to that pistola? The only thing I don't care for is that duckbill grip safety...and the grip screws aren't clocked. But, hey, nice piece regardless.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But does it shoot? Well, duh...I'm guessing it will do in a pinch. What did you have Behlert do to that pistola? The only thing I don't care for is that duckbill grip safety...and the grip screws aren't clocked. But, hey, nice piece regardless.

Behlert did what he called was his “Street Package”. It was simple tune up. The grip safety is an oldie that was from King’s. Back in the late 70’s they were very popular. I really don’t find a nickel’s difference between them and the “beavertails” like on my other 1911 (a Colt TALO Concealed Carry Government). Yes, it does shoot and shoots very well!

1911's .jpg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 96951

Nice pistol. And the "Man-Eaters of Kumaon" is a great read.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of the "street package" before, but if Behlert worked on it, I bet it is a reliability thing. The thing that bothers me about the duckbills is I find it hinders my grip some.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
QUOTE="druryj, post: 2957727, member: 10465"]I hadn't heard of the "street package" before, but if Behlert worked on it, I bet it is a reliability thing. The thing that bothers me about the duckbills is I find it hinders my grip some.[/QUOTE]

The Colt was originally my (late) father’s and after Behlert did my Browning Hi Power I sent it to him. The “Street Package” was his basic (cheapest) package. That said, it was a huge difference from what the gun was.

If I recall, the duckbill was out about the same time maybe a little before the upswept beavertails. I don’t recall the options other than I didn’t like the stock grip safety and went with that and never bothered to change it out.

Nice pistol. And the "Man-Eaters of Kumaon" is a great read.

Thanks and yes, great book. One of the few books I have read more than one time. Corbett had a large set of stones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom