Help me decide...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick GED's new holster...

• TT Gunleather standard pancake...

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • El Paso Saddlery "Street Combat"

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Milt Sparks "PMK"

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may or may not know, I just picked up a Smith & Wesson K frame model 13-3 with a 3 inch barrel. The 3 inch M&P has always had a special place in my heart, because it was the very first gun I carried on duty as a flatfoot, over 20 years ago.

I had just turned 21 in the spring of 1989 and I had no real "gun" to speak of, other than a single action JP Hawes .22 revolver. My Uncle Gerb (his real name was Gerald) was a reserve deputy/jailer in the same county I was going to work in. He never went out on calls anymore, so he loaned me his duty weapon - a Smith & Wesson K frame model 13 with a 3 inch barrel - along with a Tom Threepersons holster, an 8 inch leaded leather sap and a pair of Smith & Wesson model 90 stainless steel handcuffs in a Don Hume leather pouch. I had the option to buy the entire package from him for $200! :ooh2:

But like a dumbass, I turned him down. :slap:

Anyway...

After longing for that revolver again some 20 years later, I FINALLY got one!

But...trying to find holsters for this little guy is a royal pain in the ass! :grumble: I reckon I'm gonna hafta resort to a custom holster maker and I've came up with three prospects.

Of course, I'm always open for suggestions as well. :respect:

Here are my three choices. They are in no particular order.

First up...

The standard pancake holster by Tim Thurner of www.ttgunleather.com

[Broken External Image]

Tim is on his way to being an outstanding gunleather artist. His work very closely mirrors that of the boys in Boise - Milt Sparks. The main difference from his work, than that of the giants in Idaho, is that he will alter his designs to fit your needs. For instance...I hate that damned FBI cant. :pissed: Tim said he could make his pancake holster with an almost neutral cant. I like that! :D

Next up is our friends from way out west...El Paso Saddlery.

awww.epsaddlery.com_images_Product_large_73.jpg

This is what I consider the most "bang for the buck" because the sticker price is only $66. :naughty: Also, EPS' "estimated" lull time, is 4-6 weeks. That's right...WEEKS! Not months! :woohoo1: I'm liking these guys more and more! :w000t:

Last, but DEFINITELY not least...is our old friends at Milt Sparks.

[Broken External Image]

Milt Sparks is vastly becoming THE premier holster maker in the nation. They've been in business for a slew of years and they just by God make good stuff. Their only downfall, is that damned 6 month wait! :cry3: Anyway...I kinda liked this holster because of a few reasons. 1. It's patterned in the old Nelson/Avenger style, which I dearly love. 2. You can't tell it by the picture, but it DOES have a neutral cant - another plus. And 3. it sits a little lower on the belt. For some, that may not be a big thing, but to me it's another...:thumb:

So, anyway...there ya have it. The TT GUnleather pancake and the Milt Sparks both run in the $85/$90 range. The Sparks holster takes 6 months while the TT Gunleather takes about 3/4 months.

Which one would YOU vote for. :tounge2:

As usual, I've added the OTHER option for anybody who has an idea for something else. I love you guys and your colorful comments, so fire away! :hyper:

I'm all ears. :hey3:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Voting TT

That is some fantastic leather work they do.

I haven't heard anything bad about them yet, and a lot of good reviews.

You wouldn't happen to want a Wild Bill's holster would you? LOL!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote the tt. For the application, I like the looks of it best.

Yeah, it is a sexy beast.

I should be getting my new pocket holster from Tim about this time next week. It's a dead ringer for the very best pocket holster I ever owned - the Milt Sparks PCH-R, that I foolishly let go last year. :cry3:

[Broken External Image]

Tim sent me an email today saying it's going out early next week, so...we'll see what his work is really like. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom