Help me decide...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick GED's new holster...

• TT Gunleather standard pancake...

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • El Paso Saddlery "Street Combat"

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Milt Sparks "PMK"

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see, you can buy both and sell one to me when you figger out which one you like the best (for half price of cource). That way you would only be out half the extra 90 bucks.

:idea:

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That TT sure is purdy.
Do you really like the pocket holsters? I am looking at getting one for my Charter .38 off-duty. I saw you use one of these and I wondered what you thought.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That TT sure is purdy.
Do you really like the pocket holsters? I am looking at getting one for my Charter .38 off-duty. I saw you use one of these and I wondered what you thought.

Pocket holsters, IMHO are a double edged sword.

As for a "good" carry method, they really aren't. They are kinda cumbersome to get to and draw from UNLESS you walk around with your hand in your pocket all the time. If you ever get into a physical confrontation and put your hand in your pocket to draw it, the BG more than likely will pin your hand there, keeping you from drawing your weapon.

However...

On the other side of the blade, pocket holsters permit you to always accomplish Rule #1 of "The Rules" which is...

1. Bring a gun.

A full-auto Glock 18 with a 33 round stick is an awesome weapon. So is an HK MP5, or hell...even a mini gun! But...each and every one of them are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS if they aren't carried ON YOUR PERSON.

I've heard it time and time again, "well, I just carry the one mag in the gun. I've got lots more in the car."

That's fine and dandy if an armed encounter happens IN YOUR CAR.

Always remember boys and girls, a gunfight is a "come as you are" event. What you have in your immediate possession at the time is what determines if you win or lose.

In other words...live or die!

I got my Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 Airweight Bodyguard from one of our members here almost a year ago. With it, he gave me a DeSantis "Nemesis" pocket holster. It's been a good one, but it doesn't quite stick inside the pocket like it used to, so I do need a new one. So far, I've tried a Kramer, an El Paso Saddlery, a Galco, a Don Hume and a Milt Sparks. The Milt Sparks was the most expensive, but it was without a doubt the very best pocket holster I've ever tried.

But...like a dumbass, I let it go with the model 442 that I had in it at the time. I never regretted losing the 442, but I've missed that Milt Sparks PCH-R like the deserts miss the rain. This TT Gunleather pocket holster is a dead ringer for the Sparks at half the price. A pocket holster to me is the most valuable piece of gear a dedicated LEO/SDA carrier can own, for the obvious reasons stated above. They give you no excuse as to NOT carry your weapon. If I'm vertical - I'm armed. I couldn't always say that. My attire would limit me sometimes on where I can hide a gun.

Brutal Oklahoma summers are proof of that.

I could go on and on about this issue and this particular mode of carry. It has it's merits but it has it's faults too. Just like everything else in life.

Sorry for the novel. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom