Help me ID this Dan Wesson Model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently was given this Dan Wesson .357 by a family member. It's a CTG but not sure what the model is (15-2, 15, 14, etc). I would also like to know what the value is in it's current condition. I have shot this gun before and it shots well. I will be selling this in the classifieds soon. Thanks for the help!
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Dan Wesson models but will do some checking.

Edit: Some searches showed them to be around $100 less in value than a comparable S&W. This was by no means a scientific conclusion.

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a model 14-2. The model 15's had adj. sights. Did it come with the combo tool and feeler gauge? Not a big deal if the feeler isn't there...any .006 gauge from the auto parts store will do. The combo tool had allen wrenches in it, and was made to remove the barrel nut.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of those in a long time. It has a unique cylinder latch and the ability to change barrels with a wrench that comes with it.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a model 14-2. The model 15's had adj. sights. Did it come with the combo tool and feeler gauge? Not a big deal if the feeler isn't there...any .006 gauge from the auto parts store will do. The combo tool had allen wrenches in it, and was made to remove the barrel nut.

Hey thanks for that info! I did not receive it with a feeler gauge or the combo tool, but I will check to see if those items are at my relatives house.
Any idea how much this gun is worth?
Thanks again for your help!

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, too, suggest that you consider keeping this revolver. And it is a Model 14. My first .357 magnum was a 14-2 in satin nickel and I loved it but was a 23 year old cop making $2.35 an hour and couldn't have more than one at a time then...I found a 15-2 and traded for it and then later ran into a "Colt .357 mag" and got it. Dan Wesson can still be found if you're fortunate. They are accurate and have the shortest double action of any American made revolver.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are really nice guns accuracy wise. They don't compare to a smith for speed and smoothness. I've got 2
1 like your picture and a ventrib heavy barrel 15-2 which is super accurate at long range.

Try to find the combo tool if you can. Last time I looked the tools were getting a little pricey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom