Help me pick a chainsaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I’ve heard great things about the M-tronic feature. I’ll be curious to know what you think of it after you’ve used the saw a while.

... but I don’t see any trees in your pics ;)
I hear ya on the m-tronic. In response to the last part, see pic below. Daggum I like this saw!
5A9491D1-E49C-4009-A919-FDB954D13738.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya on the m-tronic. In response to the last part, see pic below. Daggum I like this saw!
View attachment 178978

I suspect a "doctored" picture. You can only say "trees" because there are certainly two trees in the picture. One standing and one lying down. That stuff in the background of the picture just looks like a fence row filled with tumbleweeds.

Don't need a chain saw for tumbleweeds.

:Heya:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect a "doctored" picture. You can only say "trees" because there are certainly two trees in the picture. One standing and one lying down. That stuff in the background of the picture just looks like a fence row filled with tumbleweeds.

Don't need a chain saw for tumbleweeds.

:Heya:
Well, you remember Clara? Lol. We need another tree.
1290CF16-1A46-4408-B3F3-34FED927D5D4.jpeg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asking for advice on a chainsaw is like asking Glock Vs other or 9mm Vs .45. Lol

I like Husqvarna. Been using them all my life, including logging/firewood work in high school.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asking for advice on a chainsaw is like asking Glock Vs other or 9mm Vs .45. Lol

I like Husqvarna. Been using them all my life, including logging/firewood work in high school.
I am Stihl fan just becasue its what I started with, but the Husky XP’s are bad ass saw as well. But I like Pioneers, Mculloch, Remington, Jonserd, Dolmar, even the old home lite and craftsman saws. If i ever come across an old eager beaver I will buy it just to hang out he wall.

It’s one a glock fanboy situation as much as its just a saw fanboy situation

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 100% behind all of the Stihl enthusiasm, but now that I live in town , my needs are much simpler. I might go more than a year between needing a chainsaw and I don't want to spend an hour fiddling with a saw to get it to start and run. I need a saw that can be cutting wood 3 seconds after I pick it up. For me, that saw is a 14" Hart 40v battery powered chainsaw from Walmart. It took less than half of a battery charge to take care of all of the limbs lost in the ice storm and added about half a rick of firewood to the pile. If I had a really big job I would certainly be looking at another Stihl, but, for now, my little battery powered saw seems to be all I need.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am Stihl fan just becasue its what I started with, but the Husky XP’s are bad ass saw as well. But I like Pioneers, Mculloch, Remington, Jonserd, Dolmar, even the old home lite and craftsman saws. If i ever come across an old eager beaver I will buy it just to hang out he wall.

It’s one a glock fanboy situation as much as its just a saw fanboy situation

I knew loggers that would fight you if you insulted Jonsered back in the day LOL...

Latest posts

Top Bottom