Henry Golden Boy worth extra price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a Browning BLR, a Marlin 39A, and the Henry Golden Boy. The Golden Boy has become the favorite of the wife, she actually wanted it so she got it LOL. Of the three, the Henry is the one still in the safe. If you plan to scope it, don't go with the Yellow Boy because it doesn't have the provisions for it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the plinker model a few weeks ago at OAS in the city.
They had the shiny models also. I just didn't want to spend the extra $'s for it.
They are a blast to shoot and resonable accurate, although that is subjective.
When I'm the subject no so great, when my son-in-law shot it pretty good.

Before you buy one online check with OAS, I think my plinker model was only $225-230.
Save the shipping and fees. I bet they still have some of the brass ones.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Henry earlier this year. I wanted one that would last and maybe be passed on some day. I went with the H001T which is called the Frontier model, I believe. Just like the Goldie, but without the brass, which I really didn't care for. You won't go wrong with the Henry, as it has a very smooth action.

It's like butter! My son has the Goldie and he loves it. Accurate and great looking.

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The golden boy is a great gun. Super smooth action, good looking, a great lever gun. The marlin is great as well, either way you are going to end up with a great gun that will last you a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom