Hey glockcop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ask Bruce Robertson this for me....Are you more concerned about those people who are carrying openly at a crime scene than you are the people carrying in their belt under their shirts when determining who's the good guy/bad guy?? :yikes2: see post 2 on Open Cary Passed House Today? thread. Steve

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve
I dont see Mr. Robertson a whole lot. But if I do I will ask him. Let me say something also. The OSTA is kind of like a UAW for auto workers. They like to try to sway all the membership to their way of thinking. This is one of several points I disagree with. And I think a lot of my fellow Troopers do to. I think it is the individual Officer that determines whether or not to overreact to a situation or not. I f I know someone has a permit to carry I know they have been thouroughly checked and is no threat to me. A lot of guys feel this way. I dont know why OSTA is opposed to this. I know I have never been asked about this at a meeting or in any corrospondence. If I had I would have said that it dosent bother me. And it dosent.Here is a question I have. Some people feel this open carry will somehow "restore" gun rights overnight. You still have to have a permit.Not trying to be arguementative just curious.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a question I have. Some people feel this open carry will somehow "restore" gun rights overnight. You still have to have a permit.Not trying to be arguementative just curious.

Not to butt in, but I gotta agree with that.
In one hand we have something back we lost.
In the other what have we really gained if we have to ask permission?
I guess I did butt in.:smack:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve
I dont see Mr. Robertson a whole lot. But if I do I will ask him. Let me say something also. The OSTA is kind of like a UAW for auto workers. They like to try to sway all the membership to their way of thinking. This is one of several points I disagree with. And I think a lot of my fellow Troopers do to. I think it is the individual Officer that determines whether or not to overreact to a situation or not. I f I know someone has a permit to carry I know they have been thouroughly checked and is no threat to me. A lot of guys feel this way. I dont know why OSTA is opposed to this. I know I have never been asked about this at a meeting or in any corrospondence. If I had I would have said that it dosent bother me. And it dosent.Here is a question I have. Some people feel this open carry will somehow "restore" gun rights overnight. You still have to have a permit.Not trying to be arguementative just curious.

I know what you speak of,I figured that the OSTA was,like most unions, out of touch with most of the membership.I meant literally,if you ever see him to ask him. Steve

Latest posts

Top Bottom