Hi point carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

initseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would. A lot of people understandably don't like Hi Point. It is an ugly gun. It is also somewhat crude in its manufacturing. But from everything I have read, it should do well for just punching holes in paper and plinking. I have also read if it gets damaged, they will fix it for you if you send it to them. And you probably won't feel too bad if it is damaged like you might with a nicer gun.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 995 that I've shot about 500 rounds through, both jacket and hard cast bullets, handloads and cheap factory loads. It's been reliable and accurate. The bolt is a little awkward till you use it a couple times. It is ugly & I don't care if it gets banged around a little. Give one a try I think you'll like it.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are a blast! I bought one used that already had the aftermarket ATI stock on it so it is not so fugly. No idea how many rounds have been fired thru it before I got it but I have ran probably 250 thru it and it has not had any issues.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
My wife has one, and she likes shooting it better than my 10/22. We've put over 2000 rounds through it (lead, FMJ, JHPs) and never had a single problem.

She shoots 1-2 inch shot groups at 75 yards with iron sites, and 2-3 inch at 150 yards with a 4x cheap scope.

Feel comfortable buying one......as stated before, they are ugly, but can be made to look better with the ATI stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom