High point carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're fun. I bought one that was dirty and it ran great. I decided to clean it and had some feed issues. It's doing better now so who knows. I think the moral to the story is don't clean it. :o

Mine came with the ATI stock so I can at least stand to be in the same room with the thing. The factory stock has the face that only a mother could love.

One problem with them (IMHO) is that the factory mags are only 10 rounds. You can get a 15 round for it but big whoop- only 5 more rounds.

Someday I'll probably turn mine and pick up a Sub2000 so I can run those zombie killin' 33 round Glock mags.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and love it. It is loads of fun to shoot and eats everything I feed it,from RN lead to JHP,never a miss fire or fail to feed. I put a cheap Red Dot sight on mine, accuracy is good at 25yrds.
I dont mind the 10rd mags,just buy a few extras and keep on shooting. I cant think of any gun I own that is more just plain fun to shoot. You just cant beat the price.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get one, read and follow the instructions. I was told that if you take them completely apart that only God and the factory can get them back together again, and God subs the work out to the factory. Probably an exaggeration, but the clean it=malfunction story is not the first one I have seen.

The newer version does not look as dorky as the early model. I do not share the gunsnob view of HiPoint weapons. Don't have any, not interested in any, but they definitely have their place.

Mainly i am not interested in a 9mm rifle, but for fun, they should be fine. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom