High point carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hot66bug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some feedback on the high point tactical carbine. For the price I am interested in one. Anybody out there have one ?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one.

Can't remember if tearing it down was as difficult as the Hi-Point handgun I had. Never had a problem with it. Left it out on the range table in the sun for a couple of hours, the sun warped the hell out of the stock, but after it cooled down it returned to its original shape.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has one. They are rough, more like a farm tool, but so simple that they work well and ours feed pretty much all ammo we've thrown at it (so far only had fmj through it).

I've had a problem with the top seam of the buttstock pinching my cheek and pulling hair out of my beard. Planning on replacing the stock with an ATI afftermarket stock.

Fairly accurate with the stock peep-sight.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw 2 priced at 190.00 ea. at the Grand National show Sunday, wish I had bought one instead of the 303 Enfield I ended up with

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought 2 of the pistols, 9mm and .45 at the Wannemachers gun show, finally shot them last friday, ran both factory and reloads, jacketed rn, lead rn, lead swc in the .45 and never had a problem, after a couple of hundred rounds the trigger even improved somewhat, The 9mm ate the lead rn with no problems either and every round went bang, accuracy was pretty decent at 20 yards

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I don't really have a use for one, but I'm kinda snobby like that.

1989outlaw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worth every dime that you pay. Not the best but they do work good , not one problem at all out of mine . Pretty stinking accurate too. Someone needs to make good 20 or 30 rnd mags . But the 10 rounders are cheap enough you can afford to stock up on them if you want. Mine eats any cheap crap ammo I put in it with no problems so far .

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I don't really have a use for one, but I'm kinda snobby like that.

They're so much darn fun to shoot you really don't need a use for one. It's the only gun I own that I would keep regardless of it having a role to fill. I keep mine loaded up for any critters that decide to wander into my yard, and home defense. I've never had a failure of any kind with mine so I trust it to take care of bizness if the need ever arises.

Latest posts

Top Bottom