Hit and Run in Jenks area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All we know is a news story and some of u have already convicted him. And we know them reporters are so trustworthy... F-ing pathetic.

Yeah, he's just accused at this point. We don't even know the accuracy of the details or context. News folks have a tendency to sensationalize as well.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
* Damage to vehicle only: If a person leaves the scene of an accident involving vehicle damage only, he or she is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $500. Furthermore, the person may be ordered in a civil judgment to pay damages three times greater than the actual damages incurred in the accident.

* Nonfatal injury: Failure to stop at the scene of an accident involving nonfatal injury is a felony punishable by 10 days to 2 years in prison and a fine ranging from $50 to $1000. A hit and run driver involved in an injury accident will also have his or her driver's license revoked.

* Fatality: If a driver is involved in a fatal accident and fails to remain at the scene, he or she is guilty of a felony punishable by one to 10 years in prison and a fine ranging from $1,000 to $10,000. The hit and run driver's license will be revoked.

Sounds like bad news in any case.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That list doesn't take into account driving under the influence or having a loaded firearm in his possession while drunk. I have no problem saying if he is guilty he needs to spend some time in jail.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will be interested to see what the full story is, not a good situation, but I've met Jeff and bought lots from fbt. They are good folks down there.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff is a good guy, and I do not know anything beyond the news story about the incident. I hope it isn't the way the news story portrayed it, and I will cautiously reserve judgement until such time as I am made aware of more actual facts.

For now, I will say I will pray for both Jeff and the other parties involved... people make mistakes, Jeff himself personally knows I've made mountains' worth of my own. I won't try to gloss over my own bad choices, and I try to own up for and make amends in whatever small and incomplete ways I can.

Hang in there (less)Big Guy, and feel free to get in touch with me if you want to talk - I'm always available to you and any of The Boys if you need something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom