Pros and Cons of Muskogee Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not mind Muskogee. Never had an issue here. Seven years here. I worked in the fifth ward in Houston and east la. Never had a direct issue in the Ward, people were always nice to me. I walked downtown Detroit at night, no issues. Never felt safe in chitown, always HATED it. Did not feel safe in Indianapolis. Had a close call in Tulsa but saw it coming and got out before trouble could start. You can find trouble anywhere. Truly you can. Had a bad encounter near Rice in Houston, rich area of town.

Like everywhere, pay attention to your surroundings.

Look between Muskogee and Tulsa. There is a new, nice VA clinic near 91st and US169. There is a new 58 bed hospital going in in Tulsa. There are some nice bedroom communities in the area though prices are rising. Watch out for flood plain.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a grandson go to college up there for one year. Not particularly sad he left.

Most of the people I interacted with up there during that time seemed like decent people. But I will say most weren’t the ones making the decisions that made the place depressing looking.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lived here most of my life, on the east side and the west side. I don't have a problem with it, I like it here. Got some nice parks and the VA is a big employer. You can get anywhere in town in 15 minutes. Ft Gibson is right across the river if you want a smaller town and Tulsa is only 45 minutes away. Don't believe all the bad things till you have visited and talked to people that actually live here. Couple of DWC ranges 25 minutes away.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into Grady Co. The VA is 30 min away and so are 2 nice ranges, actually 3. Big boys, Fouled Bore and the Thunderbird Lake range. All 3 are top notch and the area is very desirable. I lived in Tuttle 17 years, moved after a divorce and one day I will move back I think.
Oh and property taxes are lower there than OK co where I live now.
Ssshhhhh! We don’t need more influx in Tuttle lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom