Hit the nail on the head.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ron Paul was absolutely electable. A good number of the moderates that voted for Obama could have easily swung for Paul, all based on social issues. Die-hard Republicans would have voted for him because he wasn't Obama. I mean, they voted for Romney, and he was Obama....

Yes sir, you are correct. I know of at least a half dozen more votes for Paul than Romney. Actually now that I think of it, the number is closer to 10.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We deserve what is coming because of this. People are retarded.

Yes we do. You know, I know a few people that wanted Obama to win re-election because of only one thing - gay and lesbian rights. Budgets, foreign policy, entitlements, taxes, etc. - none of that mattered. The only reason they wanted Obama to win is because he has openly supported gay and lesbian rights.

I heard an Obama supporter actually say "...I can afford to take you to lunch now that Obama has been re-elected".

People are seriously retarded.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then why wasn't he?

2 reasons:

1. The GOP base is hardline on social issues like gay marriage and abortion.

2. The primaries take on the aura of who do you think can win. The GOP base inexplicably lets the MSM pick and choose who that candidate is and label them the front runner and the base follows suit. Never mind that in this particular primary Paul was doing very well and was in the top tier of candidates. He was written off as "unelectable" and the GOP base just took that as gospel.

Either way I don't see how one could read the statement above and find vault in the logic. The GOP is out of step with mainstream America on social issues and will continue to lose until they modernize their social platform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom