HK opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longshot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in an HK pistol I like the Usp tactical.can someone educate me are the certain years that are better different models etc. Thanks!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in an HK pistol I like the Usp tactical.can someone educate me are the certain years that are better different models etc. Thanks!

This is one of those rare instances where the trite phrase "it's all good" really applies. Anything HK makes is a fine pistol, equal to any maker's best. Check out the HK Pro Forum, lots of good info there.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They are all good, however those with the original soft case can add about 100 bucks, they may or not have full capacity magazines which will effect the value.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The early tactical had a soft case, the latter were shipped in a hard case. I think the break was around 2005ish.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way they test the USP's is, they freeze it to 50 below and shoot it, heat it up to 150 and shoot it, they lodge a bullet in the barrel not only does it not blow up when they shoot it. It will still hold a 2 1/2in group at 25 yards, they also shoot 10,000 plus P rounds without a malfunction. It has a double recoil spring in it and a lg trigger guard for glove hands. IMHO about the best gun on the market, I just wished it would fit my hand,

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man if you're interested in a tactical,one just sold on here for $900 with the soft case. I have the USP 9mm,the 9mm compact, the USP .45 compact,and a USP Tactical .45 with a Gemtech Blackside. I like them all. I have my 5th Glock and it will be my last. No problems with it ,just not my cup of tea.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an HK USP 40 and like it alot,HKs are great guns and tough as nails.Never shot the Tactical version ,but I own a FNP 45 Tactical and I enjoy it as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom