Hog Killing Questions--Suppressors and FA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree there is nothing in the regs, but that ain't gonna stop Mr. Game Warden from causing you alot of trouble. A good high capacity semi-Auto should be enough, going full auto just doesn't sound very effective or safe.

I agree 100% with the use of machine guns, short of Maj.'s minigun......Imagine that on a herd of hogs......:rubhands:

A silencer on the other hand, might be beneficial on hogs!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but there is nothing in the General hunting regulations about machine guns. Silencers are metioned. It does say, "Silencers may not be used to hunt game animals, game or nongame birds." But since hogs are not game animals, they would be legal.

The only mention of machine guns in the regulations is discussed on illegal devices during deer season.

I don't see anything in the regs. about using FA on anything is illegal! That is just a blanket statement that kills the rule of law!

Hmmm..... It seems you're right. I would have swore it was in general. But it was many years ago that I was studying for the Ranger exam, I'm pretty sure it was there at one time. I was thinking that they would never take that out.

To the O/P, I found this:
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/hogsanddogs.htm

Edit to add: I'd use Major's minigun in a heartbeat! :rubhands: I don't think the warden would want any of that! J/K. Or he might want to join in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom