Hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not entirely correct. Coyote is always in season with whatever legal means you choose, therefore, so are pigs. However, I would always consult the regs if you are going out on public lands as they sometimes differ on when and what you can use. And WacosSon is correct, if you are afield during the holiday antlerless season, you will need a doe tag to hog hunt.

ah, thanks for the correction. Had been told by several people that you were restricted to seasonal weapons, but had never seen that reg on the WD website. Good to know!

Was up at Oologah this morning. Lot of hog signs. Might be less of a drive for the OP if he's gonna go public land.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on where this guy hunts in IA, this could be a heck of a deal for somebody wanting to hunt IA.

I would let you hunt my ground in Okie, but we've got no hogs in that part of the state.....................................YET!

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on where this guy hunts in IA, this could be a heck of a deal for somebody wanting to hunt IA.

I would let you hunt my ground in Okie, but we've got no hogs in that part of the state.....................................YET!

I was thinking that too when I read it. Wish I had hogs on my meager little acre, just for this! :fullauto:

Iowahunter08

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are in some real good deer hunting, actually in our weekend shotgun season we got 3 over 150" and a few around 130" I could set you up for next year with places to hunt, we are farmers and know all the surrounding farmers.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would second Canton WMA. They have a crap ton of hogs there and some of them are quite large. As a bonus the game wardens are very hog hunting friendly. They hate the things.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As destructive as they are, it has always amazed me that landowners are charging people to kill them. I've seen hogs destroy cat tails overnight and turn a fairly clear pond into a mudhole.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all, i am from Iowa and am interested in in coming down to oklahoma to kill a few hogs, don't really wanna pay $600 for two day to kill something that is just a nuisance anyways, just curious if anyone had any info about where we could try or public ground. Anything really helps i think it will be 4 of us and we just want to have a good time. If you have personal hunting ground we would pay or even trade for an Iowa deer hunt and we were really interested in tagging along wiht someone using dogs. Thanks

When are you thinking about coming down? I might be able to show you around a few places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom