Holy price gouging!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the post I saw right here that had this little gem in it....

I am not sure of the fair pricing on several of these items because I purchased them so long ago so all prices are OBO. The following items are for sale:
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
5. 30rd Olive green P mag $25

Pretty sure long ago it didn't cost that much.....and it was neatly tucked into the folds of other reasonably priced items.

Last edited by a moderator:

grnflash

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree w/pumpkin, the driving force behind this is the nutter-buyers. Thankfully, this is usually** a self-correcting problem. Buyer's remorse is a *****!

**note: I use the word "usually"... cautiously!

Mikebanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun world has Ar's for 2,500 (colt) and I saw one for 3,500 back there. Ammo 22lr ammo (rem) 59.00 for a 500. And they have plenty of 223 PMC and some tuna can South African stuff for 889.00 for 1000 count. I wanted to shoot my shot gun but after that I just left. Academy had some ammo 22lr for the normal price, and they have not jacked the prices up....yet.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun world has Ar's for 2,500 (colt) and I saw one for 3,500 back there. Ammo 22lr ammo (rem) 59.00 for a 500. And they have plenty of 223 PMC and some tuna can South African stuff for 889.00 for 1000 count. I wanted to shoot my shot gun but after that I just left. Academy had some ammo 22lr for the normal price, and they have not jacked the prices up....yet.

I stop in there now and then for a laugh. They have a couple of grossly overpriced Makarov IJ-70 pistols, one in .380 and the other in 9x18. These are the ones with the "target" sights which were put on to make them more easily importable back in the 90s. One of their employees told me, no kidding, that those sights had been installed by their gunsmith to make them "legal."

I started laughing, and just left the store. I don't know everything about Makarovs, but I know a lot about them, and this is the silliest thing I have ever heard anyone say on the subject.

Mikebanks, I see you have been on the forum for a while, but have made only a few posts. You may have been an active lurker, which is not a bad thing, but if you haven't seen the numerous posts relating to Gunworld, do some searching and read enouh to get an idea of most opinions of that place.

I just looked up their comments on Yahoo, and though they have a four star rating, all the five star inputs appear to have been written by the same person, and all the other ratings are one star, with most saying they wish you could give lower ratings.

Most obvious case of rating manipulation I have ever seen. Positives are short and general, negs are highly detailed and long.