HOME DEFENSE PISTOL! STREAMLIGHT OR...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTIZZLE76

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning fellow OKShooters, I was curious on what some peoples preference on usage for a home defense light on their pistols? Ive always been a huge fan of streamlight being in the automotive industry and they have NEVER failed me. I ran over my Stinger with a dump truck at my current job and it STILL works. Amazing products I must say w/ a great warranty!

Home defense gun: Canik TPSFA Mod2
Full size pistol for a full size big boy!

Really leaning towards the Streamlight TLR-8A G w/ integrated Green laser.
https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tlr-8-a-g
Thank you for any info or opinions given!
'MERICA! 🇺🇲

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Streamlights on anything I might conceivably use at home and have had no trouble with them. Only pistol I have at the moment is my Shield+, which has a TLR-6 on it (micro compact).

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with the tlr-8, but I use a 1hd and a 2 with laser. Both are great, but the High Lumen versions are WAY brighter. There is something to be said about brightness as a disorientation tool, especially if you use the strobe. Anyway ..Stream light in general is a safe bet! (Just make sure you stay away from the plastic model varients like the old tlr-3)

JTIZZLE76

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with the tlr-8, but I use a 1hd and a 2 with laser. Both are great, but the High Lumen versions are WAY brighter. There is something to be said about brightness as a disorientation tool, especially if you use the strobe. Anyway ..Stream light in general is a safe bet! (Just make sure you stay away from the plastic model varients like the old tlr-3)
Thank you for the knowledge, sir.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have multiple TLR-1’s (probably 6 or so). No problems, would not hesitate to buy more. In fact, hunting up a deal on a TLR-7a for the 365XL.
I would probably not use a laser though except in a training aid scenario, but that’s just me personally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom