Homeowner shoots tire thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad the homeowner didn’t end up getting shot and/or killed. I didn’t hear him mention calling 911 before going outside to confront the thieves. I don't think it’s generally a good idea to exit your home to confront someone attempting to steal your property, I think there are too many potentially dire consequences.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a guy just a few blocks from my house do this last year, went out in the middle of the night to confront two thieves breaking into his car instead of waiting for the police.

He ended up dead. Thieves got away.

Sad story @tRidiot but after 71+ years I think I know me pretty well and after making a quick 911 call I would have grabbed a gun and gone out also.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad story @tRidiot but after 71+ years I think I know me pretty well and after making a quick 911 call I would have grabbed a gun and gone out also.

I know it would be hard for me to sit inside waiting for the police to show when someone is smashing up my vehicle.

I dunno, just pointing out, it does happen, and it happened right down the road here, makes me think twice. I don't know what I would do, I really don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom