Honolulu Hawaii Play New Game to Get a House Built

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was interesting.

The only thing really necessary is for the Municipality to require a signed release from the homeowner, saying that when the Islands sink back into the ocean, homeowner won't sue the City.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me, it's not just Honolulu that has such a long, arduous and convoluted process. I've submitted projects across the entire country (although, not in Hawaii, oddly enough) and I've found MANY municipalities that are just about as painful and some worse (I'm looking directly at you, New York City). Then there is Enid, OK. Literally the only city I've ever submitted a project to the building department and not received a single comment. Shortest permitting timeline I have ever gone through. And this was really shocking because this was a conversion from a Johnny's Char-Broiler to a Chili's. Those types of projects normally get all sorts of review comments.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me, it's not just Honolulu that has such a long, arduous and convoluted process. I've submitted projects across the entire country (although, not in Hawaii, oddly enough) and I've found MANY municipalities that are just about as painful and some worse (I'm looking directly at you, New York City). Then there is Enid, OK. Literally the only city I've ever submitted a project to the building department and not received a single comment. Shortest permitting timeline I have ever gone through. And this was really shocking because this was a conversion from a Johnny's Char-Broiler to a Chili's. Those types of projects normally get all sorts of review comments.
You'd think that all the 'Bugs" had been worked out so the cookie cutter project were smooth sailing but Noooo! Every municipality has to stick their thumb in someone's eye, or pocketbook.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote is to make permits optional!

I mean I would not want to deny someone from having their permit and inspections.

But at the same time I have no reason to want to make a donation to the local grubbermitt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom