Hornady 6.5 grendel woes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, well I finished my new 6.5 grendel build yesterday and have had a couple snags and need your guys' help. Well first off I loaded up a C-products 26-round mag with some Hornady 6.5 and noticed that is was a royal SOB to insert the mag. I take it out to look it over and it is dragging pretty bad on the mag catch. I check some loaded 5.56 mags and its all peachy, well i downloaded the 6.5 mag and its the same way until I get down to 4 rounds loaded. I give up thinking it's just a junk mag....well I found some wolf OTM today and decided to give it a try and they worked! I am dumbfounded at this. Has anyone heard of some hornady stuff being out of spec or something? I even did some function testing and this gun DOES NOT like the hornady ammo. Double feeds and FTE every other round, but the wolf cycles like a champ....any ideas?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had great luck with the Hornady 6.5 Grendel ammo. Bite the bullet and order some Alexander Arms mags. I know they are expensive, but they work.