Dry Fire Practice Systems? Edit for clarity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm going to improve my pistol work, I need to dry fire in between range trips. What systems have you used and what do you think of them? Bonus if it works on a Shield Plus, otherwise I will stick to working with my Dagger.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, here is what I decided on after some research. I went with a dry fire mag and the Mantis X10 Elite training system. The Mantis is supposed to work both dry and live fire and be able to show you what you are doing on both, so I spent a bit more to buy it. Here is the video that convinced me to get it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What laser are you using and will the firing pin activate it with the dry fire mag? The one I was looking at won't.
No you have to get a smart dryfire mag. It comes as a kit with the laser that works with it. Pricey, but you get to use your gun, your sights, etc. vs. using a SIRT pistol. Pricy but so is a SIRT.

https://www.dryfiremag.com/product/...2/?nab=1&utm_referrer=https://duckduckgo.com/

I'm using it with a Glock. If they don't make one for the M&P I know SIRT does make a M&P model. Otherwise you are looking at racking the slide each shot, and airsoft option or Coolfire trainer.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't you just take a spent case and load it in a mag and practice with it?
What am I missing?
The setup I ordered comes with a gyroscope that attaches to your weapon, that measures all movement including trigger pull. It will show you each individual shot where your weapon was pointing before, during and after the shot. This works with the dry fire system or with real shots at the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom