Hosed by Midwayusa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hucksaw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me...a bunch of CCI and a bucket.I used to spend a bunch every month utilizing their coupons every order. Slowed down (a little) when you couldn't use coupons on sale items. Their shipping went downhill, too.Used to take two or three days...now it's anywhere from four to fourteen days. Since they all but stopped mailing sale flyers, I have pretty much stopped even looking. Other places have better sales and everyday prices...FBT has better prices and is much more convenient...
Sorry...didn't mean to go on so long... Rant off...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had some .22lr on back-order from Midwayusa for about a year. I recently got a notice that my back-order was cancelled. In less than a week the ammo I was waiting for was "received" by Midway and listed as available. Of course by the time I found out it was gone. I am not the only one who got hosed this way. Midway has always been a good company to deal with up until now, but I am finished with them and will no longer purchase products from them or recommend their company.
rant over,
Soren

Wait, let me get the straight. This is a "Good Company" that's "always been good to deal with" - then they screw up one back order and suddenly you won't do business with them or recommend them ever again?

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not the only one who got done like this. Several of my personal friends had the same thing happen. I never had a back-order on ammo before and yes up until now they've been a good company and no I will not recommend them at this point.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess people expect a business to honor an order from two years ago at that cost??? You really expect a company to eat losses on ammo they have no control over what so ever. When they started accepting these backorders I suspect they had no idea that this mess would last this long. They are not raising prices on ammo they have sitting in the warehouse like some other businesses.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue is the order is canceled with no communication from the company. No email no phone call, nothing. In my case the items on back order were up and in stock within a couple days for 15% more or so. Called in to talk to customer service and was basically told tough go get at the back of the line.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too would have had no problem if they contacted me and said due to their costs they would not be able to honor the price given.....$3 dollar increase on the Fiocchi...big deal....send it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom