How .22lr Is Made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have a pretty good system, but it looks like if they were to get a little sloppy on spreading primer goo they will have a lot of duds.

On that note, in a revolver I sometimes double struck a dud and it still wouldn't fire, but if I rotated it a little to strike it on opposite side it would fire. When I was a kid, I would burn through a bulk box pretty easy in a day on the farm. I remember once shooting an old oil can until it was nearly completely disintegrated. I used to cut small trees down in the creek bottom.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have a pretty good system, but it looks like if they were to get a little sloppy on spreading primer goo they will have a lot of duds.

On that note, in a revolver I sometimes double struck a dud and it still wouldn't fire, but if I rotated it a little to strike it on opposite side it would fire. When I was a kid, I would burn through a bulk box pretty easy in a day on the farm. I remember once shooting an old oil can until it was nearly completely disintegrated. I used to cut small trees down in the creek bottom.

That's how I shoot the duds too. But out of the last pack of remmys I still had 5 or 6 that wouldn't fire after rotating them completely around hitting all sides. Not a big deal but...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I couldn't clear a firing lane because of a tree limb I couldn't reach with the extension saw, I used a .22 to shoot the limb off. Might take a hundred or two depending on the size, but they were cheap then.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I couldn't clear a firing lane because of a tree limb I couldn't reach with the extension saw, I used a .22 to shoot the limb off. Might take a hundred or two depending on the size, but they were cheap then.

Still cheaper than a broken arm from falling out of a tree or off a ladder. I busted through a 150 or so .22lr on Saturday between rain showers and during one.