how did your opening weekend go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a few deer and missed a doe with my recurve on Friday evening. Came close to getting a shot at some hogs but they were just out of range. Camped out with family, 7 of us, and we had 3 deer taken by the group. One 5 point, a first deer for a first time hunter, a doe and a button buck. Had a great time just being out with family.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As earlier posted, I called in late to work Sunday so I could go out in the am.
did not wear enough clothes for the 40 something weather, and had a light frost on the grass walking in.

I pulled my sd card from the camera on a different stand I was sitting on this morning. It kind of backed up what I saw this morning.
Sat in the stand from 5am until 10 am, and saw one bobcat, two coons, and a couple of redhawks that were sitting in some trees on the edge of the wheatfield. Read my book until 10 and then a 18 month old 7 point showed up. He got a pass as well.
Looking at my camera pics, they show up at around 10am and have different deer visiting the feeder all day long. All young bucks and does.
Nothing at night, all during the late morning to early evening.
Made me mad that while looking at pics on my good camera, I left the card in the card viewer, and didn't put it back in the camera, so had to use the crappy cell phone pics. Tried taking one thru the scope, but that doesn't work. Kind of different perspective though:D

According to Fox news, there is another light frost advisory in our part of the state in the am.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0097.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got in the stand about 3 this afternoon and sat till dark. Didn't see anything but a hawk and a couple of rabbits. It was a nice evening to be in the woods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom