how do i legally modify a sks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so today i bought a chinese norinco sks with a wood stock and detachable 20 rd mag. he also gave me a synthetic stock and some scope mounts. i have heard that if you modify them you have to be compliant with something, can anyone tell me some info about this?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pertains to Yugo and C&R rifles, they have to stay in military config if bought with your c&r license. Modify your Norinco all you want. Enjoy, I think it is one of the best of the lot.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
C&R is a "Curio & Relic" license which allows you to buy certain arms without going through an FFL holder and it also requires you to keep them "as bought". If you like old guns or militaria it is a great idea to have one. Only drawback is that a lot of gun dealers won't sell to them and you have to end up buying through an FFL holder anyway. Friend of mine down in Tennessee who is an original issue S&W collector has one and I can send him old guns I find up here through UPS without going through a dealer.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats pretty cool unfortunately i buy old guns cause im broke haha

Me, too. Look into C&R requirements and you might be surprised at how many guns fall into that category. It really is a good deal for a person who wants to collect. A lot of WWI and WWII and Korea weapons are covered. Some even as late as Viet Nam like certain SKSs are also easier to get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom