How do you start/season your steaks? What's on the menu tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You let 'em warm up to room temp, or right out of the fridge?

I usually marinate in Italian dressing, garlic, and Old Bay with a little pepper and salt. But tonight, I am going to go with just a little salt & pepper and either some garlic or Old Bay sprinkled. Lightly rub, start 'em around room temp, since the old lady and her niece like 'em med-well (ack!). Mine, I'll just sear it to a hare over rare. :D

Chimney's startin', about to pour it over the lump hardwood and head to the store for some steaks.

Oh, and we're making sangria tonight, too! In honor of our lunch earlier this week with AJ, BB and Mr. Glock (and Mrs!)... we went through enough of it that day, we decided to try our own recipe tonight! :D

What're ya'll cookin' this fine Friday evening????

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually do room temp and cook on my gas grill with garlic salt and black pepper. Usually douse them with Worcestershire sauce before seasoning. Rare to med rare for me. Medium for the wife. My Weber Genesis grill has greatly improved my cooking. Nice grill marks and cooks evenly. My old charbroil would cook so unevenly I would usually scorch part of the steak.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually with worchershire sauce, salt and pepper garlic pepper and some champions seasoning. Medium. I go medium rare but some time my inebriated cooking makes my wife nervous.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit using worchestershire on steaks a few years back. I let my steaks sit out till room temp. I season them with some seasoning from TX Roadhouse. I managed to get a bag of the stuff they use in the restaurant. It's a finger powder than what they sell.

Let it sit on there till they hit the grill. About 3 minutes on I give them a 45 degree turn to finish the cross hatch grill marks. 3 more minutes and flip. They finish cooking on the second side. Before I pull them I hit them worth a mix if melted butter and the seasoning I put on them.

My preference is a solid medium. The Mrs likes med well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually having steak tonight. Season only with salt and pepper then let it come to room temp. Throw it on a 450 grill for 3 minutes per side

I also made roasted brussel sprouts with rice vinegar, sriracha, and sugar

i250.photobucket.com_albums_gg262_TorchRedTulsan_OK_20Shooters6bcae857adb950187c600995a46bd4ec.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom