How Good and Durable is the Burris MTAC 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about the TAC 30 but i do not like the Push Button Red Dot idea for the 10 power settings. so for me the 50.00 dollars more for what i like is worth it for me. but i have and still am seriously thinking about the TAC 30, and the Primary arms mount for free sound good.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Tac-30, and honestly I don't think there is a better 3 gun scope a available for under a grand. True 1x, fast and useable reticle, clear glass and a great eyebox. Keep in mind the reticle is not super precise past 200 yards, but is plenty good for paper/steel/coyote. The Vortex 1-4x would be a better fit if you wanted more precision.

I wish I would have got the MTAC instead though, the controls are much better.

I would love a razor/Bushnell 1-6x, or a Swarovski, but the Burris is damn fine piece of glass for the money.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Tac-30, and honestly I don't think there is a better 3 gun scope a available for under a grand. True 1x, fast and useable reticle, clear glass and a great eyebox. Keep in mind the reticle is not super precise past 200 yards, but is plenty good for paper/steel/coyote. The Vortex 1-4x would be a better fit if you wanted more precision.

I wish I would have got the MTAC instead though, the controls are much better.

I would love a razor/Bushnell 1-6x, or a Swarovski, but the Burris is damn fine piece of glass for the money.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think the Hi-Lux just dropped below the Vortex Viper PST, i want for quick shots. but more accuracy as well, and that is why i am leaning toward the Burris MTAC, due to the fact that it is for quickness, even though it lacks in Accuracy past 200 yards, the one i played with seemed great as well as the Viper PST.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a tac 30 on my RRA308 I wish I had gotten the mtac30 and gotten the 1-5 or 1-6 power instead. Honestly I will probably take the tac30 and put on my RRA Elite Operator and buy a Mtac. I have an acog and two eotechs if that says anything. Don't get me wrong the acog is fanstastic but cost three times as much. Hope it helps.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have aimpoints on 5 of my other AR's and on Eotech XPS 2.0 on another AR but i want a varible power on the one that has nothing on top, she is sitting in the safe crying and whinning all the time that i have not spoiled her. So i told her i would get something to put on her LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom