Samsung Fridge Freezing up ***%^$$#@!!! and possible solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I keep it clean and plenty of circulation.
Cleaned it when it was given to me and less than a month later it is making noise from that fan hitting ice on the coils.
I do not have any pets and the house stays cleaned and swept.

I think it is more to do with the door seals with that double french door set up.
one of these stupid things.

View attachment 419972
That’s a whole different story there is so adjustment on them can’t imagine the seals being bad already but who knows. Good luck with it I always heard they were great refrigerators.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I am ready to grenade this POS.
Neighbor gave me this $3,000 fridge and to me it's only worth it's weight in scrap metal.

Weekly i had to unplug it so it would defrost the evaporator coils and the sensors in there.

I HATE warm milk and we lost a friendship starter due to mold.
I have never had a fridge that ruined so much food.

I have had this about 16 months or so and tonight I moved all the food out and tossed a lot.
freezer is at 5 and I had it set at -1 . I had the fridge set at 35° and it was at 60 this morning.

YOU MUTHA **&&%$#.
I WILL KILL YOU.

Like the fridge can hear me. I hate new stuff and this side by side with freezer in the bottom all stainless outside is nice to look at but what a POS.

I was given this thing because the ice maker is in the fridge and freezes up and you have to chip ice out if you want ice.

I do not want ice and use ice trays if I do want some.

The fix maybe:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-up-over-fan-and-evaporator-coil/td-p/1809098
Seems the wires for the plug in connectors gets under the seal and allows moist air to get in there and freeze it up.
Scroll way down and see pictures of how this guy fixed his.

I think another issue is the side by side doors and the center door seals just lay on a flimsy center bar that rotates on the door.

Not a solid seal at all.

Now get this I kept my old GE top freezer bottom fridge refrigerator and it seals up and pulls a vacuum after you shut the door.
You must pull pretty firmly to get the fridge door to open.

I can open a can of soda pop and drink 1/2 of it and set it in the old GE fridge and more than 5 days later drink it and it is still fizzy.

1 day in the newer Samsung fridge and that soda is flat as a flitter.

Defrosting the Junker now and going to super seal that cooling area and see if this guys fix works for me.
My house came with a Samsung with the same issues. Ruined hundreds of dollars in food. Trashed it and bough a Bosch...that the ice maker went out on 3 months later and I had to wait 11mo for replacement parts.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this thing didn't cost me a dime other than food spoilage in a short time frame.
The cooling coils are surrounded by styrofoam in the front of them and some weak stick on foam seal on the edges of the foam.
I think i can add some fiberglass maybe more styrofoam and tape to completely seal the area to keep moisture from forming.
I will do some more disassembly and looking at the entire mess they manufactured and see if that can be a solution.
Look also at the drain below the coils behind the cheap plastic shield and styrofoam covering the coils. It clogs causing ice backup.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No ice backup just ice near the top of the coils and around the thermostat.
That’s a whole different story there is so adjustment on them can’t imagine the seals being bad already but who knows

I inspected the seals this evening.
The door seal where the 2 doors come together at the top and bottom have a gap about .010" wide and about 1.5" long.

Now onto the bottom freezer door seal.
This freezer door is on roller bearing slides like a tool box.
You usually put a lot of weight in a tool box and the drawers will sag.

This freezer holds a lot of weight and it has sagged and this allowed the seal to compress quite a lot at the bottom and not so much at the top.

These seals are magnetic and still have good magnetic pull but the top of the seal in the corners for more than 3" is showing a gap about .030" when the door is closed and empty.

Open the freezer door and the seal stays mushed in the lower part of the door and "fluffy" in the top of the seal.
I will make a wedge to allow the door and seal to tilt in at the top to fix this sagging no top seal compression issue.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No ice backup just ice near the top of the coils and around the thermostat.

I inspected the seals this evening.
The door seal where the 2 doors come together at the top and bottom have a gap about .010" wide and about 1.5" long.

Now onto the bottom freezer door seal.
This freezer door is on roller bearing slides like a tool box.
You usually put a lot of weight in a tool box and the drawers will sag.

This freezer holds a lot of weight and it has sagged and this allowed the seal to compress quite a lot at the bottom and not so much at the top.

These seals are magnetic and still have good magnetic pull but the top of the seal in the corners for more than 3" is showing a gap about .030" when the door is closed and empty.

Open the freezer door and the seal stays mushed in the lower part of the door and "fluffy" in the top of the seal.
I will make a wedge to allow the door and seal to tilt in at the top to fix this sagging no top seal compression issue.
keep after it!! can you tell it the drawer slides are adjustable maybe pitch the back end down so the top of the drawer presser a little harder?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house came with a Samsung with the same issues. Ruined hundreds of dollars in food. Trashed it and bough a Bosch...that the ice maker went out on 3 months later and I had to wait 11mo for replacement parts.
the appliance supply in tulsa sells aftermarket icemakers that work a lot better than factory installed! talked to the guy one day about it ..apparently the factoty tecs buy a LOT of them!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I keep it clean and plenty of circulation.
Cleaned it when it was given to me and less than a month later it is making noise from that fan hitting ice on the coils.
I do not have any pets and the house stays cleaned and swept.

I think it is more to do with the door seals with that double french door set up.
one of these stupid things.

View attachment 419972
being low on refrigerant could cause that. If it runs to much, it doesn't have enough down time for the coils to defrost. Or seals that prevent it staying cool enough, and cause it to run to much, would do the same thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom