How hard is it to build an AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up parts piece by piece... I'm not a gunsmith, don't know much about inner workings, etc. However, I can break down my pistols and clean them. How hard is it to figure out what I need and what to buy and how to put it all together?

I have been thinking of buying a RRA lower and trigger assembly from reddog as a start. Then I need an upper and a stock, and....? a barrel, what? Is there a guide somewhere that talks about what to look for, what are all the components that are important?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I downloaded the information from AR-15.com, laid everything out, took my time and had a completed rifle in no time. Plenty of good people on this forum that has done it, if you have a problem the OSA community will help.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's easy sauce. You can do a youtube search on building a lower from a stripped lower and parts kit. Uppers are a little more involved, but doable as well. It's just really important to have a good vice and vice block when assembling uppers. If you want to go with the completed uppers route, I am running a group buy for Loki completed uppers here on OSA for 20% off! http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?128257-GROUP-BUY-LOKI-Complete-Upper

Latest posts

Top Bottom