How long do you tumble your brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks... got some Nu Finish polish laying around somewhere.
will try it next batch ...

Basically I usually just throw it in and let it go for a few hours, I've done it in 45 minutes with freshly fired brass and a full tumbler of brass. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to how long it's in there, just let it go till it looks like I want it too. I've been using Nu Finish car polish, seems to be doing a pretty good job.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

It helps to mix some mineral spirits 1:1 with nufinish to give it a more liquid, less clumpy application. I've been using nufinish/mineral spirits for a long time, it really shortens the time required to polish. I usually would do 3-4 hours.

Good luck,

Alan

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I toss mine in a crown royal bag then ziplock it and put it in the dryer w/ no heat for 1 cycle then its good to go. My gun doesnt know if it is shiny or not. If a brass tumbler would dry my cloths Id buy one but I dont see the need.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't know.
I put it in during the evening, and its bright by morning. Sometimes I forget and it stays in there for 24 hrs.
Mine must be the energizer bunny of vibrators.
I've been using it since the early 80's.
Its the smallest Lyman, and currently runs 20 of so hours a week.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I toss mine in a crown royal bag then ziplock it and put it in the dryer w/ no heat for 1 cycle then its good to go. My gun doesnt know if it is shiny or not. If a brass tumbler would dry my cloths Id buy one but I dont see the need.

You obviously don't pick up the same brass I pick up.

In fact, right now I am washing brass because it's currently too nasty to sort and tumble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom