How much is enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember last summer being at the Wal Mart in Edmond. I went to the sporting goods counter and there was a great deal of ammo on the shelves. I wondered to myself how many of my fellow shooting enthusiasts were taking advantage of the plentiful supply of ammo available at that time just in case this very senario took place.

La La La La La

Gmyers09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just recently decided to get as much ammo as i can afford. after making several trips to academy and walmart and not finding a single box of ammo in the caliber i was looking for (22lr, 9mm .223). I did stop by academy on Broadway ext. Friday and got lucky they where unloading the truck. got 1000 rounds of 9mm and 500 round of 5.56, just need some more 22lr now!!!

I did feel bad about buying that much though, because that is why they never have ammo but o well i guess every man for himself!

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
James Wesley, Rawles (founder and editor of survivalblog.com and a former U.S. Army Intelligence officer) provides the following minimums on p. 236 in his book "How to Survive The End of The World as We Know It"

2,000 per battle rifle
500 per hunting rifle
800 per primary handgun
2,000 per .22 rimfire
500 per riot gun

He then states "If you can afford it, three times those figures would meet the comfort level of most survivalist. In an age of inflation, consider that supply better than money in the bank."

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Ammo_Currency.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering the state of the world, how much ammo might you need for the rest of your life? Get that as a minimum. Then, you could have a little extra to pay for your retirement to sell when times get tough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom