How to choose a laser for my pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for home defense. What are the differences that make the costs so much different? Are they all adjustable for POI?

Looking for experience over just reading the specs and the prices.

Thanks,

Dugby

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very few of them are much use in a defensive scenario. You need durability & momentary activation (pretty much all of them are adjustable for POI). Crimson Trace is pretty much the only one I'd use for defense.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have Crimson Trace on a snubby and a pm9, I have it adjusted so it's at the top of the front sight at 7 yards. While I wouldn't rely on them alone in a defensive situation, I think they are of some benefit. Especially in low light or as the CT commercials say, in unconventional positions.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Crimson Trace on a snubby and a pm9, I have it adjusted so it's at the top of the front sight at 7 yards. While I wouldn't rely on them alone in a defensive situation, I think they are of some benefit. Especially in low light or as the CT commercials say, in unconventional positions.

That M&P 340CT is one of the many guns I wish I had not sold man. Salt in the wound... salt in the wound...:)

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a m&p 340 CT for my wife's home defense. Se trains without the laser, but will use it occasionally to make sure the poi is still close. If she is sittig with the kids in the closet if someone breaks in and that door knob turns it will help facilitate a quick acquisition of whoever makes the mistake of picking our house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom