Usage-based Auto Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think we'll be legislated to have these, but I think eventually, a lot of insurance carriers will require them unfortunately.
Oh yea, you can write that down. It's only a matter of time and if you are correct, I'm shocked we aren't required to have them now. At some point the discount will go away and if you want the privilege of purchasing insurance from a company you will have and will use one, or no insurance for you!

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Hard pass from me. There are SO MANY things wrong with allowing the insurance companies access to the computer in your car.

1. They've done the math. They know how much of a "discount" they can "give" you and still make money.

2. You have a wreck and, regardless of who was at fault, they will use that data from your car's computer to concoct any number of reasons to:

A. Increase your premiums back to what they are now. Or worse.

B. Deny the payment of claims based on your "tendency" to:

a. Drove too fast;
b. Drive too show;
c. Drive erratically.

NONE of the information they use will take into account driving conditions when you committed any of the above driving "errors".

Nothing good will come from allowing an insurance company access to ANYTHING except your payment when your premiums come due. IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom