HUGE House-Shaking Earthquake just hit me in BA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA COUNTY, Oklahoma - Residents across the state were rocked awake Saturday morning after an earthquake struck in Central Oklahoma. Around 7:00 a.m., a 5.6 magnitude earthquake shook and several residents and along with our staff began going to social media in response.

The earthquake’s epicenter was located eight miles northwest of Pawnee, 21 miles south, southeast of Ponca City, 22 miles north, northeast of Stillwater, 44 miles south Arkansas City, Kansas, and 73 miles north, northeast of Oklahoma City. It was about four miles deep.

USGS says the earthquake was felt in areas from Omaha to Dallas. News 9 has also received messages from residents in Missouri and Arkansas.

Residents have called in to report damages, but there are no injuries at this time. Fire officials say there are several reports of structural damage in downtown Pawnee.

USGS says an aftershock was recorded just before 8:00 a.m. in the same area as the major earthquake.

(Excerpt) Read more at news9.com ...

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt it on my way to work in Omaha at about 7:04. Was stopped at a red light and my truck started shaking like it was in high winds. I looked around and the wind wasn't blowing but the truck was still shaking. I started to think the engine was coming off the blocks then I remembered a similar event when I lived in California, Earthquake! I called the wife and she didn't feel it but had wondered why the hangers in the closet were rattling. Lasted long enough for me to know it was a big one somewhere. Heck I was (emphasis one "was") wanting to move to Oklahoma.
Ya'll stay safe down there.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom lives in Arkansas City Kansas. She was in bed when it hit and said it felt like someone was shaking her shoulders trying to wake her up. Said nothing fell off the walls so life is good. Definitely got her attention.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll can blame me for this one. We drilled a few wells just a couple of miles from the epicenter. Also had one in Kansas last year that we drilled practically on top of the epicenter.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I felt it in Ardmore. Sitting in my easy chair and it just sort of wallowed back and forth for 10-15 seconds. I thought I was having gastro problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom