Hunting Acccident. Please be careful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts are with his family.
I guess we really don't know if he just dropped it while sitting in the stand, or was lifting it up on a string.
Either way its a tragic accident.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More to learn about this, but the bottom line is that there are risks associated with any form of hunting, particularly with deer hunting.

Each hunter needs to identify those risks, assess them, and manage them appropriately. In fun activities it is a normal human tendency to take a holiday from reality. When it comes to guns, tree stands, other hunters, etc, that is not a good decision.

I am always sorry to hear of hunting accidents. Sounds to me like he may have dropped the rifle. They didn't mention a cord in the news release. Safety off, gun falls, maybe hits a limb, maybe just bumps off when it hits the ground. That shouldn't happen with a gun in good condition, but who knows?

Unfortunate . . . CB

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't mean to speculate, as its a horrible tragedy, but even a gun in good condition, when dropped with safety off from a good height can have the pin fall with that hard of a jolt. Something to learn here though - always keep that thing secured to something....

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God bless him and his family.

The best way to avoid getting shot is to make sure the gun isn't pointed at anything you don't want to destroy. EVER. Whether the gun be on safety, off safety, good condition, bad condition, or whatnot....

If the gun ain't pointed at it, it won't get shot!

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a terrible tragedy. When I heard this on the radio this morning they said that he died of natural causes. They mentioned the bullet entered from below him and traveled upward through him. There was speculation that he might have died first and then dropped the rifle which shot him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a terrible tragedy. When I heard this on the radio this morning they said that he died of natural causes. They mentioned the bullet entered from below him and traveled upward through him. There was speculation that he might have died first and then dropped the rifle which shot him.

If he died first of nat causes, and then dropped the rifle, then thats the way I want to go.
anything would be better than being tied to a bunch of needles, bags, and bedridden.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he died first of nat causes, and then dropped the rifle, then thats the way I want to go.
anything would be better than being tied to a bunch of needles, bags, and bedridden.

Lost my Dad who became bedridden and that's a terrible way to

die. A natural death while hunting is what I prefer over any other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom