Hunting Knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you recommend for a good hunting knife under $100? I would love one of those Coye Ridgeback knives but I just can't afford $225 for one right now. Let me know what you guys think.....

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For actually field dressing deer and small game, I keep 2 knives in my bag- A cheap Schrade fixed blade knife with the green rubber handle. Works well but doesn't hold an edge. My favorite is a Buck fixed blade with gut hook. about 3-1/2" curved, skinning blade, dont know the model, but it has undersized wood grip panels and a serrated steel handle that stands out from the grips. Doesn't slip when bloody and holds an edge well. About $30 IIRC. Buck's Pack Lite set looks promising. Easy to wash the mess out of them.

For pure function, there's no need to spend a bunch of cash on a hunting knife. Now, that being said, I own a bunch of overpriced firearms that don't function any better than a used $320 Glock. I/we choose and buy our tools for many other reasons than pure function. Buy what interests you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom