Hurry......Foul Weather coming....!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home from a gig and it's pretty ugly. If I didn't have to haul stuff that shouldn't be exposed to the elements I would have taken the 4x4 truck and not the turbo Subaru. All wheel drive does NOT equal four wheel drive.

Snow on top of ice - y'all be safe...

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Just had the pleasure of driving from Grove to Claremore in this crap in a Chevy Astro. Not real fun. The Will Rogers Turnpike wasn't too bad bit visibility would just go away at times. Coue of times with no tracks on the road and nothing but white and the snow blowing across at a 45* angle gave me vertigo. All of a sudden I'd feel like the van was rolling over or drifting sideways. I've driven in a lot of snow but never had that happen before tonight.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting nasty SW of OKC. Had a gravel truck roll a bit ago.

Between influenza and icy roads, it's going to be another busy day. I'm glad I'm going home at 7 am, even if it's in a F350 dually 2WD with no weight in the bed.

Gonna take my time....

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I woke at about 4:00 am with no power on. I informed my wife, who assumed that that meant that it was really icy, and some transmission lines had gone down. I mentioned that it might not be that bad, and somebody could have hit a power pole. After a few seconds she pointed out that it could be the beginning of the zombie apocylapyse!

I told her that would be nice... that way they would freeze and we could shoot them in the morning. Then we went back to sleep.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahah...Pointing and laughing at all of you and your disruptive weather. My wife and I got out ahead of the storm and are now sitting just an hour outside of Austin (yes I do plan on wearing OU, all day every day) and the weather down here is downright purdy :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom