I Don't Think I Like The New College Football Kickoff Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[h=2]Kickoffs in college football will be quite different come September.
Teams will now kick off from the 35-yard line and touchbacks will be brought out to the 25-yard line instead of the 20.
[/h]

I can see lots of kickers booting it through the endzone and a lot fewer kickoff returns this year.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that's stupid, o states kicker puts it through the endzone almost everytime. Just because panzies in other states can't doesn't mean they need to bend the rules.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be better off finding a kicker that can kick it to the 1-2 yard line every time and covering the kick, then just give them the ball at the 25 yard line every time because your kicker can kick it in the end zone. Besides it gets really boring, NFL games never have returns anymore. It's a touch back every time. I think it takes a lot away from the game.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow that's stupid, o states kicker puts it through the endzone almost everytime. Just because panzies in other states can't doesn't mean they need to bend the rules.
I believe the reason is for safety of the players, not to penalize better kickers. A high percentage of injuries occur on kickoffs and punt returns.
I do not like the change either but I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom