I dropped a primer under the bench...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still beats the alternative though.

Being that we live in an RV and knowing that there have been major water leaks in the plumbing in RV's in the past, anytime we leave the RV park, we turn off the water to the RV. Currently, the valve for our water is about a foot or so under ground level, so I get to get down on one knee to reach in and turn it off. Fortunately, the pole with the electrical outlets is right next to the water "compartment," so I have something to help me get up.
You are very wise to turn your water off when you leave. I own an RV park and tell everyone to turn the water off. Very few actually take my advice. I’ve seen numerous RV’s with water gushing from the underside because something broke inside.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I read a thread years ago where someone dropped a tray of primers in the carpet. Their wife found them with the vacuum. Or I'm crazy, I couldn't find the thread.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are very wise to turn your water off when you leave. I own an RV park and tell everyone to turn the water off. Very few actually take my advice. I’ve seen numerous RV’s with water gushing from the underside because something broke inside.
We are RV'rs as well. We always turn off the water valve and release the pressure before leaving the rig for the day.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's cool. Another OSA member here "used" to own an RV park down by Lake of the Arbuckles. When we moved back to Oklahoma after our travels to Colorado, Oregon, and Utah, we stayed at his park for 2 or3 months until an opening came up in a park closer to family. @Okiedog is his OSA username. At the time, they had the RV park and a boat rental business at the lake, but now all they have is the boar rental, and if I recall correctly, that is up for sale.

Maybe I need to make a day-trip your way after everything greens up and get photos of stuff around your area. Maybe even pictures of your RV park as I sometimes put RV parks on my Smugmug website.

96A1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably have 20 pounds of unfired rounds picked up at the range in a tub. If SHTF seriously, that's the emergency stash.
The ones I have to pull will usually lock the gun up pretty good to the point of forcing the action open with tools and a vice.

I’ve definitely pulled my fair share of rounds but sometimes it’s just too much with my carpal tunnel. If all I can save is the primer and the powder, I usually junk it.

I’ll just say I probably have 10k rounds each for almost a dozen different calibers, I’m kind of a worrywort like that…my supply is pretty good but my wrists are not!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have my bench down in my shop with a bare concrete floor. I dropped a primer and didn’t realize it one day till I stepped on it. I about crapped myself when it popped. I’m just like ya, lost one here a few days back and spent a lot of time looking for it, bout couldn’t get up from being down there too long. Sucks getting older.
Gee what kind of footwear do you have that will make a primer pop! :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loading up some 7.62x54r rounds for just some casual shooting, so I am using salvaged primers - i.e. primers I punched ouot of other rounds that were unshootable for one reason or another.

I fumble-fingered the primer getting it into the installation cup, and it bounced around a few times....then hit the floor and rolled under the bench. And it's the last primer of the batch.

Dangit.

I crawl around under there with a flashlight looking, because, hey, it's a primer. Probably worth $20 these days.

And I find it !

Sort of...
View attachment 211825

Looks like it's missing something. The anvil fell out when it bounced around. I have no idea where it is...

crawl around more, turn off the lights and hold the flashlight parallel to the floor....

Lo ! What is this ?

View attachment 211826

I found another primer ! a complete one this time ! Woo-Hoo !

But there's still an anvil down there lurking in the dark amongst the other detritus...

This is gonna bug me.
I laughed my butt off reading this, but guess what? I was hand priming some 6.5 brass today and dropped a primer under the bench.
Unfortunately for me, the last loading session where the primers were supposed to drop into a bucket through a tube, the tube fell off and there were around 200 spent primers on the floor under the bench.
Undaunted, went on the search. After 10 minutes, gave it up crawling around, and swept them up into a pile and put them on the bench to sort. Never found it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom