I got a new toy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a PResto electric pressure canner. Grumpy can sit on the patio and watch the old pressure canner ... With the big batches in it -- tomato sauce, meats of all kinds, that stuff.

I'll hang out in the house and do the little batches -- blackberry and fig jam, all kinds of pickled stuff I want to last longer ...

First batch is gonna be pickled carrots, I think. I LOVE carrots pickled with just a touch of jalapeno and onion. 😍

Edit: ******* mother****ing pissy autocorrect 😡 😉😂
Where did you find canner? I have looked everywhere for one.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Instant pots are pretty available. They can do multiple duties besides pressure cooking.
Makes the easiest to peel boiled eggs we have ever experienced. Saute' or whatever.
I have an insta pot. Looking for a presto precise digital canner. All out of stock where I look unless willing to pay almost double when found, but that’s what get for putting it off.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. I just recently bought the bigger one that does 14 pints or 7pints/7 quarts. All I've done so far is beans, potatoes and some chicken.

I do it in the house on the glass cooktop. That's the reason I didn't get the All American I was really wanting. But I have to say if you spring for the rocker weight it makes it pretty un-****upable. Sitting and watching that gauge for an hour and a half would really suck.

I've never canned anything before and found it's kinda fun actually and can save a ton of meal prep time and money in addition to eating your own stuff.

Can't wait to put up some of my over the top BGE smoked chili. :spaghetti:

Latest posts

Top Bottom