I got an elk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks everyone!

MAN!! That is awesome..a big congratulations for you and the nice bull that will feed you for some time.
Did you take it out in pieces?
Tell us more.

No we loaded it on a trailer. My moms husband came out to meet me at the road/gate and while we were there a truck just happen to be driving by and there were 2 guys that had also been elk hunting a few miles down the road. They stopped and asked if we needed any help, they figured since we had a trailer we were going in to get an elk. They had a big 4wheel drive dodge and he was able to back down in to this big wash out that my truck never woulda made it in and out of. He backed down in close enough for us to get a chain on it and drag it out in to the open. Then we drug it up in to the back of the trailer. Those guys were a very big help to us!

Congrats on a nice bull!
Are you guys hunting elk on private land outside the Wichita Mtns refuge?

Yea its private land in the "special southwest zone" north east of the slick hills area.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... actually had to take a knee for a second.

Good for you. That's a sign of class. The animal actually meant something to you. I always kinda' figured if you don't at least have a tear in the eye after taking a whitetail or elk, or whatever, you are hunting for the wrong reasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom